With just 3 ingredients and a few simple steps, this easy White Chocolate Fudge comes together in just 15 minutes. It’s perfect for gift-giving, holiday parties, or anytime you want a sweet, creamy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth..
Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe
Who knew making fudge could be so easy! This white chocolate fudge recipe calls for just 3 ingredients – condensed milk, white chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Add toasted almonds or other nuts as an added bonus and the end result is a perfectly sweet and creamy homemade fudge.
This recipe may seem too simple but the thing about fudge is that it doesn’t need a lot of “extras”. Sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips are the only two required ingredients for making homemade fudge – everything after that just makes it even better. Sure, there are more complicated fudge recipes out there but why bother when you have easy fudge recipes like this one that tastes so good?
Since this fudge can be stored in or out of the fridge, it’s perfect for gift-giving and adding to holiday platters!
What You’ll Need
This easy fudge recipe is made with just 3 main ingredients, plus an optional add-in.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Do not substitute with another type of milk or the fudge will not set.
- White chocolate chips – Be sure to use a high quality white chocolate, as you will be able to taste the difference. Ghiradelli and Guittard white chocolate chips are both good options. You can also use a chopped up bar of white chocolate.
- Vanilla extract – You only need a small amount to really enhance the flavor of this homemade fudge.
- Chopped almonds – You can also use pecans or walnuts if preferred. I recommend toasting the nuts for best flavor.
Recommended Kitchen Tools
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Check out my Amazon shop to see all of my recommended kitchen tools.
- Measuring cups or kitchen scale
- Medium saucepan
- Silicone spatula
- 8×8″ or 9×9″ baking pan
- parchment paper
How to Make White Chocolate Fudge
Making homemade fudge is a pretty simple endeavor. In just a few steps you’ll have your own easy white chocolate fudge chilling in your fridge.
- Combine the ingredients. In a medium saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted and the ingredients are combined. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to the tray. Pour fudge into a pan lined with parchment paper. Gently shake the pan to settle the fudge and encourage it to spread out.
- Add the extras. Cover the top with chopped toasted almonds or other nuts, pressing them down into the fudge.
- Refrigerate. Place the pan of fudge in the fridge for at least 2 hours, letting the fudge cool completely and firm up.
Tips for Success
If this is your first time making homemade fudge, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Take care not to burn the chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted enough to combine with the other ingredients, it’s done, so remove it from heat. Once the pan gets hot the chocolate will melt quickly, so it’s important to stir frequently to avoid it burning or sticking to the bottom.
- Allow it to chill properly. Before you try to cut the fudge, it’s important that it is completely hardened. 2 hours is the minimum amount of time to wait but overnight is better.
- Only use sweetened condensed milk. Only sweetened condensed milk will work for this recipe. The only substitute that I’ve found to work is coconut condensed milk, but it’s still condensed milk and you will need to adjust quantities (see variations). Do not substitute anything else. No evaporated milk, half and half, or anything else. It won’t work.
Here are a few ways to add flavor or decoration to your homemade fudge.
- Toast the nuts. Bake the almonds at 400F for 2 – 3 minutes, until lightly toasted. It will enhance the flavors of the nuts and give them a crispier texture. I do this in my air fryer oven.
- Try different types of nuts. In addition to almonds, chopped pecans and walnuts also pair nicely with white chocolate. Try it with chopped Brown Butter Roasted Pecans.
- Add some sprinkles. Instead of nuts, you can top your white fudge with a layer of sprinkles. You can also stir them in after you remove the mixture from the heat. Use red and green sprinkles for a festive touch.
- Top with sea salt. If you’re a fan of the sweet and salty combine, a sprinkle of sea salt before serving adds a nice top.
- Drizzle with chocolate. Once the fudge has set, add a drizzle of your favorite melted dark chocolate over the top for both decoration and flavor.
- Add some dried fruits. Instead of, or in addition to, the nuts try some chopped dried fruits like cranberries on top of the fudge.
- Top with caramel sauce. For a tasty twist drizzle some Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce over the top of the fudge before chilling.
- Make it vegan. To make this homemade fudge with coconut condensed milk use an 11.25 ounce can of coconut condensed milk and 2 1/2 cups (15 ounces) or white chocolate chips. You will make less fudge, but you’ll use the entire can of coconut condensed milk. You can also use the original amounts, but be aware you’ll need a full can of coconut condensed milk plus some from a second can.
Serving & Gifting Suggestions
This homemade white chocolate fudge makes a great edible gift. You can gift it in any container like a Christmas themed tin or a reusable storage container that people can re-gift again and again. Layer the fudge in the container between sheets of parchment paper or wax paper so that they don’t stick.
Fudge is also a hit on dessert tables, grazing boards, and at holiday parties. Since it keeps well at room temperature, it can sit out for a few hours on a platter. A word of caution though: avoid putting it in direct light or heat, as it will soften and get sticky. If yours gets too soft to handle simply stick it in the fridge for a bit to help it firm up again.
Even Santa himself wouldn’t say no to a piece or two of this delicious white chocolate fudge on his cookie plate on Christmas Eve.
How to Store Homemade Fudge
This easy white chocolate fudge is best stored in a cool, dry place. You can store it at room temperature or in the fridge.
At room temperature, fudge can last for 1 to 2 weeks. It’s important to store it in an airtight container, with parchment paper or wax paper between layers, and out of the heat or sun. In the fridge homemade fudge will last a little longer, up to 3 weeks.
If your fudge gets too warm and starts to soften, simply place it back in the fridge until it firms up again.
For longer storage, you can store homemade fudge in the freezer for up to 3 months. It’s essential to remove any moisture and wrap it properly. First wrap it in parchment paper, then wrap in foil. Place the foil-wrapped fudge into an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, please give it a FIVE STAR rating and share it on your favorite social channel!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk | 14 ounces
- 3 cups white chocolate chips | 18 ounces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped toasted almonds or other nuts
- Prepare an 8’’ x 8" or 9" x 9" pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate chips and vanilla extract in a medium sized saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring constantly until well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the melted fudge into the prepared pan, be careful as it will be hot.
- Shake the tray to spread out the fudge, allowing it to settle.
- Cover the fudge with chopped almonds or other optional toppings, pressing them down to integrate into with the fudge.
- Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours or until completely hardened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix and is for general information purposes only. For the most accurate information, calculate using your select brands and exact measurements.