This strawberry rhubarb crisp is loaded with sweet berries, tart rhubarb, and with a sweet, crumbly topping. A delicious dessert for spring!
****Today’s post is brought to you courtesy of Carrie and her daughters Kate and Ava from Bake for Granted. They have created this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp to share with all of you. I hope you enjoy it!!****
We want to get a push on Spring and this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is just the thing to chase away the Winter!
You have to try this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. Why? A whole bunch of reasons.
- For one, less than 10 ingredients (9 to be exact!)– that is all that is takes to make this sweet and delicious dessert.
- Even better – these ingredients are likely in your kitchen right now!!
- If the above 2 weren’t reasons enough, anybody that tries this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp will thank you and think that it required a lot more time and effort than it actually does!!
Strawberries and rhubarb are the stars of this dessert. The beauty of this dessert is that the flavours are there whether you use fresh or frozen fruit. Is using frozen fruit, you don’t even have to thaw the fruit – super easy!
We live in Ontario and in the winter months reasonably priced fresh fruit is sometimes (aka always!) hard to come by. However, this does not stop us from enjoying fruit desserts because most can be easily made using frozen fruits.
Each spoonful of Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is sweet and satisfying. The sweet plump fruit creates its own juices as this Crisp bakes and these juices bubble up through the crumble topping. You end up with a really pretty dessert!
As an added bonus, your house will smell cozy and homey as this bubbles away and bakes in the oven.
Now, don’t think that we have forgotten about the topping. The streusel-like crumble topping is to die for!
With that in mind, our little tip is to make extra topping because if you are like us, you will be eating it by the spoonful! We tend to sneak some while putting this dessert together and then sneak a little more after it is baked and is supposed to be cooling!
Please don’t judge!!!
We really hope that you enjoy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp and that it will make you think of warmer weather too!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and cornstarch until evenly distributed. Transfer to baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat on medium-low speed until smooth. Add the oats and flour and beat on low speed until crumbly and combined.
- Pat sugar mixture over berries and gently press down.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until crumble is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm if possible!
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.