An easy dish worthy of a spot on the holiday dinner table, these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Feta are simply delicious. With just 7 ingredients, they have a flavor that’s tangy, sweet, cheesy, and loved by all.
An Easy Vegetable Side Dish
When it comes to vegetable side dishes, I am always looking for new ways to season my favorite veggies. My favorite way to make vegetables is to roast them, which I’ve done for everything from carrots to sweet potatoes to root vegetables. Roasting has become my go-to form of cooking vegetables because while it’s simple, high temperature roasting always elevates the flavor of even the most basic ingredients.
These roasted brussels sprouts are my latest roasted veggie creation and might be the best way yet! I know that brussels sprouts are a “love it or hate it” food for many but I think the addition of feta and the complex sour-sweet flavor will make almost anyone fall in love with these.
Served with toasted almonds, this roasted brussels sprouts dish is the perfect side dish for a weeknight, but it’s also fancy enough for a special dinner and it certainly deserves a spot on the table for your next holiday meal. No more boring steamed vegetables here!
What You’ll Need
Only 7 ingredients are needed to make this brussels sprouts recipe.
- Brussels sprouts – This recipe works best with fresh brussels sprouts.
- Almonds – You’ll want raw, not roasted almonds for this recipe.
- Feta cheese – You can use a brick or crumbles.
- Olive oil – use a good olive oil, but it doesn’t need to be EVOO.
- Garlic powder – The flavor powerhouse of the recipe.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher Salt
Recommended Kitchen Tools
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Check out my Amazon shop to see all of my recommended kitchen tools.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This veggie side dish is not only flavorful but so easy to make.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts. Split the brussels sprouts in half and remove the stalks. If you have large brussel sprouts, you can cut them into quarters. Super small sprouts can be left whole.
- Mix the remaining ingredients. Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder and salt together. Coat the brussels sprouts with it.
- Bake. Bake the brussels sprouts in a hot oven for 15 minutes, until fork-tender and golden brown.
- Roast the almonds. Toss almonds with a drizzle of olive oil and bake on a large baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve. Add the roasted almonds to the brussels sprouts, add the feta cheese and stir to combine. Serve warm.
Tips for Success
If this is your first time roasting brussels sprouts, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Cut all brussels sprouts into equal sizes. To ensure that each piece cooks perfectly, be sure to cut the brussels sprouts into equal sizes as much as possible. For smaller sprouts this may mean leaving them whole, while large brussels sprouts may need to be quartered.
- For extra crispy brussels sprouts, use a large pan and place the brussels sprouts cut sides down in an even layer, ensuring all the sprouts to lay flat.
- Do not disturb while roasting. For brussels sprouts that are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, resist the urge to stir or flip them while roasting.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Variations
If you want to try something a little different than the feta and almond combination, all you really need is a drizzle of olive oil and your favorite spices. Here are a few ideas for different ways to enjoy brussels sprouts.
- Keep it simple with just salt and pepper. Sometimes the basics are all you need!
- Switch up the cheese. If you’re not a fan of feta, you can replace it with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Add crispy bacon or pancetta. Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the baking dish with the brussels sprouts. They’ll cook in the same time and the bacon will give the brussels sprouts a great flavor!
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice and/or lemon zest gives a nice citrus twist.
- For a bit of heat, add some red pepper flakes.
- Swap the standard balsamic vinegar for a balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction.
- Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup after baking – this is especially good paired with balsamic!
- Garlic! I used garlic powder in this recipe but if you want full-on garlic flavor, you can chop fresh garlic and bake it on the sheet with the brussels sprouts.
This roasted brussels sprouts recipe is elegant enough to fit perfectly with many holiday dinners, from Thanksgiving to Christmas. They are also simple enough to serve year-round as an easy side dish any day of the week. Try them with everything from lamb and pork to turkey breast as the main dish.
Roasted brussels sprouts can also be added to a variety of other dishes, like salads or pasta. Leftovers are especially great for adding in to other dishes throughout the week.
How to Store and Reheat
Any leftover brussels sprouts can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Do not freeze cooked brussels sprouts, as this will turn them into a soggy mush when defrosted.
You can reheat either on a stovetop in a lightly oiled skillet, in the oven, or in the air fryer. Just be sure to only warm through and remove from the heat to avoid over cooking as you reheat.
If you like this recipe, please give it a FIVE STAR rating and share it on your favorite social channel!
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 8 ounce feta cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Trim stalks and split brussels sprouts into evenly sized pieces. Large brussels sprouts should be chopped in quarters and small ones can remain whole. Place them in a baking dish, cut side down.
- Mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and salt. Coat the brussels sprouts with that mixture. Bake them for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- In another baking dish, place the almonds with a drizzle of olive oil and bake them for 10-12 minutes or until lightly roasted.
- Add roasted almonds to the brussels sprouts, add crumbled feta cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 814Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1674mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 11gSugar: 13gProtein: 31g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix and is for general information purposes only. For the most accurate information, calculate using your select brands and exact measurements.