"This slow cooker pork shoulder is simmered in a homemade sweet and tangy mustard BBQ sauce until tender enough to fall off the bone. Shred it into pulled pork and reduce the remaining liquid to a delicious tangy sauce for a truly tasty treat."
2. Pat the pork shoulder dry and season liberally with salt and pepper, adjusting the amount as needed. Place pork shoulder in slow cooker on top of the onions and garlic with the fat cap facing upwards.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the pork shoulder, cover. Set slow cooker to low and cook for 8 - 10 hours, or until fall apart tender.
4. Once the pork shoulder is cooked through, carefully transfer it from the slow cooker onto a large cutting board. You may wish to transfer it in chunks, as it's easier to manage this way. Allow to rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Turn the slow cooker to warm then strain remaining liquid into a medium sized saucepan. Discard the removed solids and return insert to the slow cooker. Bring liquid to a boil over medium high heat then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
7. In a small bowl or ramekin combine cornstarch and water, mixing thoroughly, then slowly add to the reduced sauce while whisking constantly. Bring back to a boil for 3 minutes until thickened and a glossy brown color.