▢ 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes ▢ 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese ▢ 4 ounces (1/2 cup) salted butter ▢ 2 ounces (1/4 cup) milk ▢ 1 teaspoon kosher salt ▢ 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Scrub potatoes and peel if desired. Cut into 1/2" chunks, place into a 4 quart saucepan and cover with cold water by one inch. Cover, set over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling remove lid and decrease heat to maintain a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are soft*. Approximately 15 - 20 minutes. Drain potatoes, do not rinse, return to the still warm pan.
3. Add cream cheese and butter to the pan, stir over low heat until the butter and cream cheese have melted.
4. Transfer potatoes to the bowl of your stand mixer** and add the milk. Using the wire whisk attachment, start on a low setting and mix to mash the potatoes. As they smooth out, increase the speed to medium and whip until smooth.
Adjust for Taste:
5. Add salt and pepper, adjusting for taste. If your potatoes aren't creamy enough, add more milk a little at a time to smooth them out. Keep warm until ready to serve.