"Cookies and cream hot chocolate bombs are a sweet surprise. Add one to a mug of hot milk to turn a basic hot chocolate into a cookies and cream mocktail that doubles as dessert. Indulge in this easy dessert drink yourself or bundle up a few as a small but thoughtful gift!"
– white* baking chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
– mini chocolate sandwich cookies, like Oreos - crushed
To Make Into Hot Chocolate
– Cookies and Cream hot chocolate bomb
– hot milk
1. STOVETOP: Create a double boiler by setting a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Place 6 ounces chopped white baking chocolate, (or 1 cup chocolate chips) into the top bowl. Stir often until chocolate is melted.
2. Add a large spoonful of the melted chocolate into each of the 6 cavities in your silicone chocolate bomb mold. Smooth the chocolate up the sides of the mold with the back of a spoon making sure to completely coat the sides of each cavity.
4. Reheat the chocolate if necessary, then repeat the process by adding another spoonful of melted chocolate into each of the chilled mold cavities. Return the mold to the refrigerator or freezer to set.
8. Working with one bomb at a time, press one of the top half rounds against the heated plate to slightly melt the rim and smooth out the edge. Place the empty half round over the filled bottom half round to seal. Repeat with the remaining two chocolate bombs.
9. If your seams are not tight enough or if they look messy, warm a spoon (dipping it in the hot water or run it under a hot faucet) then run back of the spoon along the seam to melt the chocolate and seal the edge.
10. OPTIONAL: Crush the extra chocolate sandwich cookies. Heat the extra 1.5 ounce white chocolate (1/4 cup chips) using the same method as step 1. Use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate over the filled chocolate bombs then roll in the crushes chocolate sandwich cookies. Return to the refrigerator or freezer to fully set.
2. Place one hot chocolate bomb into you favorite large cup or mug. Pour the hot milk over the ball. The hot chocolate bomb should burst open, releasing the hot cocoa and marshmallows. Stir until smooth and enjoy.