"This grilled shrimp grain bowl is packed with the fresh flavors of summer grilling. Hearty grains are tossed with an herb citrus vinaigrette then topped with grilled shrimp, bell pepper, zucchini, pineapple, and avocado. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs for an inspired summer grain bowl you’ll be coming back to all season long."
– 8 mini bell peppers
– 2 medium zucchini
– 1/2 pineapple
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp*
– 2 - 4 TBSP high heat oil such as avocado or grapeseed
– Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl or dressing bottle (a small canning jar works well) combine together the olive oil, lime juice, mandarin juice, minced shallot, minced herbs, dijon mustard, and salt. Whisk or shake to mix completely.
2. The following times are estimates and should be adjusted as needed: Bell Peppers - 4 minutes per side, Zucchini - 4 minutes per side, Shrimp - 2 - 5 minutes per side (depending on size), Pineapple - 3 minutes per side, Avocado - 4 minutes.